Juice pulp of your choice (I used carrot, spinach and celery leaves)
Flax seed meal
Seeds of your choice (I used pumpkin)
Nutritional yeast (optional)
Spices of your choice (I used sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and a dash of turmeric)
Your Superfood Super Green Blend (optional)
Surprise, surprise- I didn't measure anything! As usual, these are estimate amounts.
It made a full baking tray worth of crackers.
Preheat over to 150 degrees.
1. If your flax seed is not already ground into meal, then blend until it looks more or less like flour. I used about 3/4 C of seeds.
2. Combine flax seed meal with juice pulp of your choice. I used about 3 - 3 1/2 C of pulp.
3. Add seeds to your liking (I used about 3/4 C of pumpkin seeds). Add nutritional yeast if you like a slightly tangy/cheesy flavor (I used about 1/2 C). Add YourSuperFood Super Green Blend (I used about 1/4 C).
4. Spice as you like it (I used sea salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and a dash of turmeric). Other great options are garlic or onion.
5. Mix mixture until flax starts to bind it together (I used my hands).
6. Spread mixture thinly onto a baking sheet. Pack it on the tray so that it's solid. You can either cut it into squares here while it's still soft (pizza cutter works great for this), or you can break apart once it's hard/cooked.
7. I let mine bake for an hour and a half in the oven because I don't have a dehydrator. I like mine hard and crunchy, which is why I let them bake for awhile. I'd suggest continuing to check on them after 30 minutes.
8. Once they have a consistency that you like, cut up and enjoy with dip of your choice!
A collection of simple, plant-based recipes that are nutritious and delicious.