Organic overripe bananas
Organic pink dragonfruit
Organic mixed berries (black berries, raspberries, blue berries and strawberries)
Organic coconut milk
Organic cacao nibs
Organic hemp seeds
Organic fresh blueberries
1. In a mixing bowl, add frozen bananas, berries, and dragon fruit. Use quantities of each to your liking. I typically use 1 banana for every bowl I'm making, and then roughly equal amounts of berries and dragon fruit.
2. Splash with coconut milk (or any milk) to your liking. If you like it to have more of a creamy taste, use more. I usually just use a bit to help blend the frozen bits more easily.
3. Blend until creamy and smooth.
4. Add toppings of your choice. I used hemp seeds, cacao nibs, and fresh blueberries.
Over ripe bananas
Non-dairy milk (I used coconut milk)
Nut butter (I used a blend of Brazil nuts, cashews, and almond)
YourSuperFoods Chocolate Lover and Muscle Power blends
Nuts of your choice (I used slivered almonds)
Additional cacao nibs
Fruit of your choice (I used blueberries)
Extra scoop of nut butter
Seeds of your choice
This serving size is good for 2 large bowls.
1. Freeze 6 over ripe bananas overnight. The more brown they are, the sweeter they'll be.Make sure to remove peel before freezing. Refrigerate nut butter if not already.
2. Break up frozen bananas into blender/food processor. Add 2-3 tablespoons of nut butter, and 1/2 C of non-dairy milk.
3. Include cacao nibs to your liking (I used about 1/2 C). Mix in YourSuperFoods Chocolate Lover and Muscle Power blends to your liking (I used 1 1/2 table spoon of each).
4. Blend altogether until smooth, firm, and creamy.
5. Top with additional nuts, seeds, nut butter, and fruit of your choice. Enjoy!
*or any other non-dairy yogurt of your choice. I used Nudie, because it's nice and thick.
*or any other non-dairy milk
*I used Unicorn Superfoods
Added Sweetness for a Nice Cream feel:
-Coconut shavings (without added sugar)
*I used berries
-2 large mangos
-2 super soft avocado
-Coconut water (unsweetened, no sugar added)
-Maca (just a nice add-on, not a necessity)
-Granola (make your own!)
-Additional fresh or dried fruit
*I used an almond milk kind this time
*also used almond milk here
*I used a cashew, almond, hemp blend
*I used Nudie Coconut Yogurt, but you can make your own or use another brand.
*if you have another natural sweetener of choice, use that instead
Here's where you can get creative.
This chilly treat is great as a healthy desert option, especially when you add extra cacao nibs on top and a few fresh berries to top it off.
If you'd like to have it as more of a smoothie bowl, meal option- then it's super yummy with granola (make you own granola!), fresh fruit, and coconut flakes as a topping.
The thing is, if you don't have a bunch of fancy toppings, the ice cream is really flavorful and delicious exactly as it is. Plus, it's a great way to chill out on a hot summer day.
A collection of simple, plant-based recipes that are nutritious and delicious.