Follow the Creamy Avo Dressing recipe
This made enough for two large servings.
Follow the Creamy Avo Dressing recipe.
1. I like to roast my veggies, because I find this keeps the most nutrition and offers the best flavor. But, you can steam or fry your's if that's your preference. I roasted broccoli, brussel sprouts and carrots. Roasting takes about 40 minutes, so if you opt to roast- then start with that. Spice with paprika and sea salt.
2. We don't have a spiraler, so I just bought two bags of zucchini noddles (zoodles), which was probably about 3 C total.
3. You have the option to keep the zoodles raw, or cook them.
4. If you're cooking them, use sesame oil to cook. First, fry up 2 large cloves of garlic with sesame oil. Then add zoodles with a bit of sea salt. Option to include additional sesame seeds here for flavor and crunch.
5. Shred 1 large carrot (raw) with cheese grater.
6. Once zoodles are cooked (they cook quickly!) and veggies are roasted, then add fresh spinach to a bowl.
7. Mix together grated carrots and zoodles, and add on top of spinach.
8. Put roasted veggies around the outer edges of the bowl, and add a dollop of Creamy Avo Dressing to the center. Sprinkle slivered almonds, hemp seeds, and a handful of alfalfa sprouts.
9. Roll up as many nori sheets as you'd like to make your own sushi-esque bites. Or, just shred nori strips over the top.
Follow the Juice Pulp Cracker recipe
Flax seed meal
YourSuperFoods Skinny Protein blend
YourSuperFoods Super Green blend
Follow Vegan Pesto recipe
This is totally up to you, but this is what I used:
Vegan Pesto recipe
Spice Up Your Life recipe
Cheeseless Cheese Fries:
Follow Spice Up Your life Sauce recipe
This made about 15 small, thin patties. As always, these are estimated amounts.
I suck at measuring, what can I say?
If you don't already have Juice Pulp Crackers made, these can take up to 2 hours. Check out the recipe for those here.
1. Cut sweet potatoes into strips, and roast in oven at 200 degrees Celsius. Potatoes for patties should be spiced with salt and smoked paprika. Follow recipe below for fries. This can take about 40 minutes. I already had left over roasted potatoes, so I used leftovers for the patties, and fresh ones for the fries. Add about 1 C of roasted, soft sweet potatoes to blender/food processor.
2. On stove, fry up 1/4 of white onion (or more if you like stronger onion flavor) and 2 large cloves of garlic with a bit of olive oil. Once brown, bring to simmer to keep warm.
3. Grate about 3/4 large carrot with cheese grater. Add grated carrots and 1 1/2 C of spinach to blender.
4. Add 1 can of black beans (or equivalent amount of black beans not canned) to bender.
5. Include about 1/4 C of flax seed meal (this will help bind the mixture) to blender.
6. Add hemp seeds to your liking, and 1 heaping tablespoon of YouSuperFoods Skinny Protien and Super Green blends.
7. Add warm onions and garlic to blender.
8. Include a 2 tablespoons of Vegan Pesto to blender.
9. Blend until sticky. If it's not sticky enough, then add more flax seed meal.
10. I made small patties to ensure they cooked all the way through. Scoop with tablespoon onto fry pan with only a small amount of olive oil. Cook to your liking.
1. As mentioned above, cut sweet potatoes into strips and roast in oven with olive oil. Spice with salt and nutritional yeast. The nutritional yeast gives the fries a cheesy flavor, so add to your liking.
2. Roast can take around 40 minutes. Check after 30.
3. Dip with Spice Up Your Life Sauce.
Putting Burger Together:
As mentioned above, this is totally up to you in terms of what you want to top your's with. I did a few different flavors that I'll list below.
1. Spread Juice Pulp Cracker with dip of your choice. On separate crackers, I used the recipes for Hummus, Vegan Pesto and Spice Up Your Life.
2. Add patty on top of cracker and spread. Option to add another, or the same, kind of spread again onto patty.
3. On patty I added tomato, avocado, spinach and sprouts. On another one, I used sauerkraut.
4. Other great options here are pickles, vegan cheese, and anything else you like to deck your burger out with!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- Snow peas
This is according to our serving size for two people. We had plenty of left overs.
*we chose gluten free tortillas made out of black rice, which were super yummy, but also fell apart really easily. It helps to get LARGE wraps, to make sure the ingredients don't burst out of the sides and make too sticky for the foil.
-1 Can of black beans
*you can also use dried beans, too.
-1 Sweet potato
-1 Red bell pepper
-1 Yellow bell pepper
-1 Yellow onion
-1 Bag of Spinach
-1 Red onion
-1 Clove of garlic
-1 Can pickled jalapeños
-1 Jar sliced black olives
-Salt and peper
A collection of simple, plant-based recipes that are nutritious and delicious.