Apples (I used Pink Lady)
Nut butter (I used almond butter) without sugar or additives
Flax seed meal
YourSuperFoods Muscle Power and Chocolate Lover blends
Organic shredded coconut (no preservatives or additives)
It kind of goes without saying at this point that I didn't measure exactly.
These are estimated values, and made 15 medium/large cookies.
Also, as mentioned above- you can sub the apple and carrot with juice pulp from apples and carrot, as well.
Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius
1. Cut up 3 standard-sized apples of your choice. I used Pink Lady apples, and I kept the skin off- just removed the seeds/core. Blend until smooth like applesauce. Add to large mixing bowl.
2. Shred 2 large carrots with cheese grater, and add to mixing bowl.
3. Blend about 1 - 1 1/2 C of pitted dates. The more dates you use, the sweeter the cookies will be. So, if you want less sugar, use less dates. Add blended dates to mixing bowl.
4. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of nut butter to mixing bowl. I used almond butter, but any kind is good here. Just made sure there isn't any added sugar to your nut butter. Or, better yet- just blend up your own!
5. Include 1 - 1 1/2 C of cacao nibs (depending how chocolatey you want them), and 1 - 1 1/2 C of sunflower seeds (depending how nutty you want them).
6. Mix in almond meal as a flour substitute as needed. I used about 1 1/2 C total, but kept adding depending on the consistency of the mixture.
7. I put in YourSuperFoods Muscle Power and Chocolate Lover blends as extra nutritional boosts, but these are totally optional. I used a heaping tablespoon of each.
8. Add about 1/2 C of flax seed meal, or as much as you need to bind the mixture. It should start getting sticky as you stir in the flax.
9. Spice with cinnamon and nutmeg to your liking. I went heavy here, with a tablespoon of each. But it's totally up to you.
10. When oven is preheated, put cookies on parchment paper. When the cookies were formed, I added even more cinnamon on top along with a walnut and a few coconut flakes.
11. I baked mine for about 45 minutes, and they got super brown. Check them after 30, and bake them to your liking.
A collection of simple, plant-based recipes that are nutritious and delicious.